This plugin yanks the absolute path name (FQN) of the current cursor position inside a ruby module/class.
When using mongodb’s
mongorestore commandline tool, it failed with the message
Strangely enough, it was working on my computer, but failed on my colleague’s.
Mocking a web request with the excellent WebMock library lead to the following error:
I was checking out an old rails 3.2.3 project, and no asset pipeline manifests would render. When I inspected the rendered result for application.css in the browser, I saw the following:
1 2 3 4
Recently I reinstalled Ubuntu and the audio output was locked to Digital Output. No Microphone Input or Analog Output was showing up in the sound preferences.
For testing a JSON API response I recently had to compare two deeply nested structures. To do this programmatically would be quite a pain, so I wrote a gem which tests a prepared structure (imported JSON) against the output of my (unit test) code.
Sometimes I need to send someone instructions on how to use software.
Instead of fiddling with annotated screenshots, wouldn’t it be nice to just send an animated GIF via email? Also, I now can show off my struggles with Vim! ;)
Here’s a setup that I found on the internet and it works like a charm with my system (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and xmonad).
Ruby 2.0.0 didn’t compile anymore after reinstalling rbenv on my Ubuntu 14.04 system.
The error message was only hinting at
Inside the build log I found an error similar to this:
In the first post, we wrote an integration test setup for a Celluloid::IO application.
One remaining problem is that the tests are “absorbing” all exceptions that occur during worker execution, or are raising them some time later. This is because the workers can just crash internally and/or the worker thread is still running when the test is done.
While creating Celluloid based applications is more fun than you’d expect from multithreaded programming, testing them has some caveats.
Here’s how we did the test setup with MiniTest and as a bonus I’ll describe a hack to handle worker exceptions correctly in a second post